Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Lets take a break
Phew. I'm glad that's over. It was exciting though, but it is over now. After the dust settles, Obama will have quite a mess to clean up, after the Republican over indulgence for the last 8 years (6 years in total domination that led to this mess). I don't envy him though. Bush/Cheney have left such a mess, both economically, militarily, socially and politically (internationally primarily). Obama's been put on such a pedestal, by wishful thinking and the media, that there's no way he can actually accomplish everything so many people hope he can. There will probably be a backlash at some point, as disappointment sets in, but, lets see if the hope he has created can actually guide the US back to a course that fits with it's own self image. I think the rest of the world just collectively breathed out heavily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment