Tuesday, September 9, 2008
what a bloody mess
So Bae Jiao, our illustrious and quiet dog has never been know as a brave one. She used to conceal herself behind her larger brother in times of stress and shakes like a leaf at the slightest presence of danger. And she's a big dog too, at 70 pounds. Strange, but one big cute softy. So a couple of nights ago I let her out for her pre night's sleep pee. Off she tootled into the rose bush and a nice loud howl resulted. I thought it was a coyote, but nope, I later found out it was her. She'd nicked her ear on a rose thorn. I didn't know this at the time and in she trotted, happy as could be now and proceeded to shake her head as she regularly does. A red fountain resulted, spraying tiny droplets of blood in every direction. Thankfully, the floor is wood, so it was easy to clean up. I checked her over and found the incriminating dripping ear. So, out came the antiseptic cream and I washed and cleaned up the ear. That's when the shaking started, with a few yelps for good measure. After all the cleaning up had finished, she decided she was going to get a drink from her bowl. So, up she stood and repeated the head shaking, spraying a fresh coat of red everywhere. Oh bugger. Rinse and repeat. This time out came the ice cream cone for her and she looked most disgruntled in her new stylish collar. The vet thought it was only a minor scratch, but, as is always the case when she see him, she shook like the world was about to end. Perhaps it's the way they take her temperature? I think if I had a thermometer stuck up my ass every time I went to see the doctor, I'd be very reluctant to go too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment