Thursday, August 28, 2008

phew

Phew, that's over. The post Olympic glow. The Chinese are in the middle of an intense feeling of loss. Can't blame them really. Those Olympics must have been good for them. I enjoyed them too and was glued to the TV most evenings, cheering our guys on, and sometimes the little guy too. There were truly some great sporting moments in there, and I don't just mean watching Phelps or Bolt shatter records.

Now we're stuck with political broadcasts and fever. Wow, could that be a better juxtaposition? I really enjoy watching the crowds go nuts. I can't see the point, but it's fun to watch. The Clintons' speeches at the Democratic convention were pretty inspiring and Bill was on top form reframing and repositioning so many of the Republican's negative comments, before they've taken root in the minds of less attentive voters. Very skillful. I'd like to see what the Republicans have to offer to counter that. As Bill pointed out though, it'll probably be more of the same. It's a pity they are not as good at actually running a country as they are at campaigning. I would think that McCain's age will be a big issue. More so than Obama's relative youth or race. If people want to make race an issue, in these times, boy they were born 100 years too late. Get over it morons. Where as I don't, as a rule, trust politicians, or other snake oil sales men Obama seems like the better of the 2 options. And that's another question......why only 2 options? How democratic is that? "Vanilla or strawberry?" Er, no I'd like a chocolate with caramel swirl please. Give us more options paaaleeez.

No comments: