Friday, July 18, 2008
week, what week?
Boy, that was a busy week. I'm glad it's over. There were a few good moments. One of the more entertaining experiences (which happened on Wednesday) was during Scout summer camp, where I was helping out. During the lunch break I had the great fortune to be standing with a bunch of other helpers. Now, i should point out that this was at our local range, of which I am also a member. I think it's a rule that when 3 or more shooters and gun enthusiasts gather together, that they have to talk rabidly about Hillary Clinton and now Obama. So, I was standing there, the only one who didn't agree with every single phrase they said. I found myself sometimes smothering a chuckle and had to occasionally turn around and look at a fire helicopter, that was conveniently and frequently dipping into the local reservoir to probably tackle some serious blaze going on just over the hill. So, the thought that was repeatedly spinning round my confused and bamboozled head was, "Wow, these guys really need to get out more. Where am I, the deep south?" They were suggesting things such as Obama was a muslim plant, that a national healthcare system was just a step away from global government and other such fun sound bites. I'm just glad I'm not in my 20's anymore as, otherwise I'd have probably wanted to argue with them about it all. The experience though, highlights a big problem in US politics....Everyone is so wrapped up in their own opinion that very few seem to listen to the alternative. And therefore no progress is made. I heard a long diatribe attacking democratic policies. So what would you guys prefer, a single party state? If you don't, accept the fact that you could be wrong about somethings, that someone else might be right and that the majority rule exists in a democracy....then that's what you'll have. Perhaps it's the fault of the media who seem to be more interested in ratings rather than actually reporting what's going on in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment